Thursday, July 6, 2017

Burt's Bees Review | Natural Acne Solution Cleanser + Brightening Refining Tonic

Hello! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend! I'm excited that it's almost the weekend again!

Today I'm sharing some Burt's Bees Skin Care reviews. I'm a huge fan of their Natural Acne Solution toner, as it's one of the best I've ever used for my combo-oily and acne prone skin. I accidentally picked up their Natural Acne Solution Cleanser, because the packaging is pretty much identical to the toner. It's the same size and label. I actually wanted to try out this cleanser anyways so I wasn't that upset about it. BUT I did realize I bought the wrong product after I arrived on vacation in Maryland LOL. To shorten this long story, I went to walgreen across from our hotel to purchase the correct toner, which they didn't have, which led to me getting the Brightening Refining Tonic instead. And here I am doing reviews for both products.



Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser
Product claims via Burt's Bees website -
Our best acne face wash is clinically proven to help cleanse away acne-causing bacteria, excess oil and impurities without over-drying or irritating skin. Salicylic Acid, derived naturally from Willow Bark Extract, penetrates pores to help reduce acne and prevent future breakouts, in our natural purifying gel cleanser, while Evening Primrose and Beet Root Extracts help calm acne prone skin. The result is naturally clear and healthy-looking skin.

• Clinically proven to wash away acne causing bacteria, excess oil and impurities
• Soothes acne-prone skin
• Non-irritating
• Helps reduce acne and prevent breakouts with Salicylic Acid from Willow Bark
• Noncomedogenic
• Dermatologist Tested


This Cleanser is recommend for oily skin. I have combo normal to oily and and sensitive skin and this works well for me. It can be drying so if you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this. I totally agree with it's claims of being non irritating, and  helping to soothe and reduce Acne. It's honestly a great Cleanser and my face feels amazing and clean afterwards. My only issue with it (and the Acne Solutions toner) is that the bottles are small, and I run out of them fast. I do really like this, but I haven't decided if I'm going to repurchase it yet due to how quickly I use it up. If you have a skin type similar to mine and you skin responds well to Salicylic Acid, then I definitely recommend trying this (and the toner!) out!

Brightening Refining Tonic
Claims from Burt's Bees website
Clinically proven to help improve the appearance of surface dullness, revealing a more even skin tone in as few as 4 weeks,* our tonic is infused with Daisy Extract and effectively removes lingering traces of dirt oil and makeup. Use as a part of your daily regimen for a brighter and more even complexion, naturally.

*When used as part of a regimen with Brightening Facial Cleanser, Refining Tonic, Eye Treatment, Dark Spot Corrector and Even Skin Tone Moisturizing Cream. Product’s color is derived from natural ingredients and may vary.

• Helps visibly even skin tone
• Creates a brighter, more luminous complexion
• Removes lingering traces of dirt, oil, and makeup
• Dermatologist Tested


Like I mentioned earlier, I only picked this up because the store was out of the Acne Solutions toner and this was the only other Burt's Bees toner, and a more natural brand of skin care, avalible. This doesn't have a recommend skin type, but it's a pretty gentle toner. It's not my favorite, as I like the Acne Solutions ones much better. However, this hasn't irritation or broke out my skin, so that's a definitely a plus.  It claims to brighten and even out skin tone in as few as 4 weeks. I've been using this for about 3 weeks and haven't noticed much different in my skin tone. My only issue with this one is that the color of the toner is yellowish, so its hard to tell if it removes any excess makeup from my skin. I probably won't repurchase this because it's not my favorite, but it is a decent toner and worth trying.

So those are my thoughts on the Burt's Bees products that I've been testing! Over all I've been pleased with what I've tried from Burt's Bees skincare, and I have a few others on my wish list that I want to try out, especially from their acne solutions line! It's also a huge plus that in average Burt's Bees products are 99% natural, and over half of them are 100% natural! Natural skin care has worked wonders for my skin!

Have you tried any Burt's Bees skin a care before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment